Go to ABC.NET.AU and find the search bar. Type in “transgender”. Here’s the link to results.
Today is Thursday 17th February 2022. It is my lunch break. Since 1 week ago (10th February) these articles have been published about transgender issues. Not a single negative or even neutral article.
- Meet the schools who have already acknowledged and accepted transgender students -https://www.abc.net.au/7.30/meet-the-schools-who-have-already-acknowledged-and/13757800
- Is there a place for trans students in religious schools? These schools say yes – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-16/religious-schools-say-trans-students-are-welcome/100836614
- The debate over the federal Religious Discrimination Bill has been hijacked by progressive secularists — and neither party is blameless – https://www.abc.net.au/religion/patrick-parkinson-why-the-religious-discrimination-bill-failed/13757436
- Life Matters: Do we still need single-sex schools? – https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lifematters/do-we-still-need-single-sex-schools/13755748
- Prime Minister accuses Kristina Keneally of wanting to protect violent abusers in extraordinary attack over deportation bill – includes line “Last week, five Liberals broke ranks with the Coalition to vote against a government bill over religious discrimination laws that they argued would leave transgender youths at risk of being kicked out of religious schools.” – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-15/scott-morrison-accuses-labor-protecting-criminals-deportation/100831402
- Parly Returns – “Both sides of politics want a new law to prevent discrimination against people of faith – but there are unresolved differences over how to do this while protecting gay and transgender communities. ” – https://www.abc.net.au/insiders/parly-returns/13752684
- Australia’s debate about religious discrimination exposes political fault lines – and unanswered questions of God – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-13/religious-discrimination-australia-politics-questions-of-god/100824000
- Calls for Warren Entsch to do more to support LGBTQI kids after religious discrimination law stance – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-12/cairns-lgbtqi-community-seek-action-from-warren-entsch/100822242
- The Drum – clip frm “Transgender Minister Josephine Inkpin reacts to the religious discrimination debate” – https://iview.abc.net.au/show/drum/series/0/video/DREX202213751062
- VIDEO: Transgender Minister Josephine Inkpin reacts to the religious discrimination debate – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-11/josephine-inkpin-religious-discrimination-debate/13751062
- Sex Discrimination Commissioner says Higgins-Tame speech felt like a turning point [updated] – https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/kate-jenkins-grace-tame-brittany-higgins-turning-point-v1/13750976
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison ‘misled’ by moderate Liberals on religious discrimination vote, Dutton says – “In the dawn hours of Thursday, five MPs from the government’s own ranks broke from their party and crossed the floor to support protections for transgender students”– https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-11/morrison-misled-by-moderate-liberals-on-religious-discrimination/100821902
- Malcolm Turnbull on Scott Morrison’s messy week – “The Prime Minister was dealt a humiliating blow in the Parliament this week, with five of his own MPs crossing the floor over rights for transgender kids.” – https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/malcolm-turnbull-on-scott-morrisons-messy-week/13750530
- The Loop: Definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ to change, Prince Charles met with Queen before positive COVID test, Tasmania’s Commonwealth Games bid – “For now, the religious discrimination bill itself remains unchanged, but some religious groups have been adamant they do not support the transgender student protections passed alongside it.” – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-11/latest-news-covid-vaccine-ben-simmons-religious-discrimination/100821826
- ‘Culture war politics’: Florida schools bill damaging for LGBTQIA+ children – https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/culture-war-florida-schools-bill-damaging-lgbtqia-children/13750450
- With the sex and religious discrimination bills, Scott Morrison made three foolish assumptions – “Exclusion of transgender children turned out to be a serious flaw in the eyes of some in Liberal ranks” https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-11/religious-discrimination-bill-morrison-backfired/100820422
- Parents and transgender teachers react to religious discrimination bill debate – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-11/religious-discrimination-bill-transgender-students-teachers-/100821338
- Voters in Western Sydney feel ‘disconnected’ from the debate in Canberra over the religious freedom bill – “Along with Ms Martin and four other Liberal MPs, Labor voted in favour of a crossbench amendment to extend protection from discrimination for transgender school students and staff.” – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-11/western-sydney-voters-disconnected-from-religious-freedom-bill/100820924
- Katie Allen tells Q+A she stood up for her beliefs on religious discrimination bill, Dylan Alcott says those with a disability deserve a chance – “voted with Labor in support of crossbench amendments to extend stronger anti-discrimination protections to transgender students and staff.“- https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-10/katie-allen-tells-q-and-a-she-stood-up-for-her-beliefs/100821482
- VIDEO: Federal Government shelves religious freedom bill indefinitely – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-10/federal-government-shelves-religious-freedom-bill/13749798
- Mixed reaction to dumped religion bill – https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/pm/mixed-reaction-to-dumped-religion-bill/13749704
- LGBTQIA+ advocates say religious discrimination bill coverage ‘really dangerous’ – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-10/religious-discrimination-bill-lgbtqia-advocates/100819394
- Mother of transgender son on the impact of the religious discrimination bill debate https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/vic-statewide-mornings/religious-discrimination-bill-transgender-student-parent/13748882
- VIDEO: People with disability facing uncertainty over religious discrimination bill – “to discriminate against those with a disability, as well as LGBT Australians.” – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-10/people-with-disability-facing-uncertainty-over-religious-bill/13749068
- Sex and religion on politicians’ minds as Australians contend with cost of living pressures – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-10/sexual-discrimination-religion-morrison-albanese-zimmerman/100817018
- Parents of transgender students “not sure why we’re taking this step backwards” – https://www.abc.net.au/radio/newsradio/podcasts/news-specials/carlie-mum/13748864
- VIDEO: ‘I am just Paddy’: Labor frontbencher Stephen Jones’ son speaks – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-10/i-am-just-paddy-labor-frontbencher-stephen-jones-son/13748784
- Government shelves religious freedom bill indefinitely, leaving election promise hanging in uncertainty – “Liberal MPs voted against the government to pass protections for trans students” – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-10/government-consults-religious-groups-discrimination-bill/100818568
- The government lost a dramatic showdown on religious discrimination laws overnight. So what happened? – Several mentions of transgender students – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-10/religious-discrimination-bill-transgender-protection-explained/100818484
- Ball back in Prime Minister’s court after Liberal split on religious discrimination – “Five Liberals crossed the floor to support a Labor amendment to provide transgender students with greater protection from discrimination at church schools” – https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/liberal-split-on-religious-discrimination-mark-dreyfus/13748672
- Political repercussions from religious discrimination debate – “so will the Government try to unpick the change protecting transgender students when it gets there?” – https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/am/political-repercussions-from-religious-discrimination-debate/13748674
- The Loop: Religious discrimination bill passes lower house, the Quad prepares to meet, police to question Downing Street partygoers – “The government agreed to amend existing laws to prevent schools excluding students because of their sexual orientation, but said that move would not extend to transgender students.” – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-10/latest-news/100818434
- Trent Zimmerman crosses the floor over protections for trans students – https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/trent-zimmerman-crosses-the-floor-trans-student-protection/13748560
- Government’s controversial religious discrimination bill passes Parliament’s lower house – “Five Liberal MPs split from the government to help Labor and the crossbench make some changes to protect gay and transgender students from being discriminated against by religious schools.” – https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/am/governments-controversial-religious-discrimination-bill/13748570
- Five Liberals cross the floor as contentious religious discrimination bill passes House of Representatives after all-night debate – https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-10/religious-discrimination-bill-passes-lower-house-of-parliament/10081826
THIRTY FIVE STORIES
They hijacked the debate over religious discrimination. They turned this into a crusade against single-sex schools (whether religious, private or public) and the ABC are gunning for the PM.
Add in an Instagram channel dedicated to trans issues
This is in addition to the trans-washing of other stories on ABCQueer Instagram. Journalist clearly asks whether “gay, lesbian and transgender kids have enough protection” ABC captions the story as “GRACE TAME SAYS TRANS KIDS NEEDS MORE PROTECTION”.
It took my whole lunch break to copy and paste these article links and titles.
Please visit https://womenscooee.org/ for other examples of ABC bias.